Our Residential Conveyancing Process for Home Buyers
Beginning the Conveyancing Process
When you have made the decision to purchase a property, you will find it helpful to discuss your particular situation with one of our lawyers so you are aware of matters that need to be included in your offer. When you have found the property you wish to purchase, the real estate agent will prepare a form of contract. The agent will send a copy of the agreement to our legal team, as well as any other documentation available relative to the property, and we will confirm that the protections you need are included before you sign. For example, you may be reliant upon finance being approved or receiving a satisfactory building inspection report. Such requirements can be included as conditions.
The Residential Conveyancing Process for Home Buyers
At the outset we can go through the process of buying a house with you, ensuring you have full understanding of the various steps along the way. We will:
- Help you with making sure the offer document is acceptable for signing and covers required matters.
- Check the title.
- Deal with the vendor’s solicitor and the real estate agent where required on contract conditions, and help you with these conditions.
- Confirm that the agreement is unconditional when your conditions have been satisfied.
- Liaise with you on KiwiSaver withdrawals or the HomeStart Grant if necessary, and with your bank to make sure all funding is in place prior to settlement.
- Assist you with HomeStart grants if you qualify for under the Housing New Zealand criteria.
- Receive and prepare bank loan instructions and security documentation. We’ll also meet with you to explain the documentation.
- Settle and register your transaction.
Common Issues During the Conveyancing Process
Buying a home? Let us streamline the home-buying process for you
Planning on buying a home and not sure where to start? With our extensive experience and expertise within the industry, we can provide professional and accessible assistance to streamline the home-buying process for you. To start your home-buying journey, contact the HomeLegal team for a chat or give us a ring at 0508 HOMELEGAL today!