Michael Hofmann-Body is a regular contributor to Vibrant Hutt, a bi-monthly lifestyle magazine. In his column he comments on residential property issues.
Our “On the Move” Booklet is full of useful and practical information whether you are selling or buying a home.
If you would like a hard copy of our booklet please email Joanne Davies [email protected].co.nz who is one of our HomeLegal solicitors, with your mailing address details, or telephone 891-2188.
One or more of these feature articles may be helpful to you in relation to your sale or purchase.
You and Your Property
“You and Your Property” is a series of columns by Michael Hofmann-Body, our Managing HomeLegal partner, for Vibrant Hutt Magazine. Below is a selection of the latest “You and Your Property” articles.
- New legislation relating to foreign buyers purchasing residential property in New Zealand
- Tackling the housing crisis
- Reflections - Start of 2017
- The Impact of the 14 November 2016 Earthquake
- Methamphetamine Contaminated Properties
- Current Property Market
- The Taxation (Land Information and Offshore Persons Information) Act 2015
- Checking the Fine Print
- Frauds and Scams
- Satisfying Conditions under an Agreement for Sale and Purchase
- Presenting your Offer
- HomeLegal opens Upper Hutt office
- Welcome Home Loans and First Homebuyer Deposit Subsidies
- Buying a home with less than a 20% deposit
- Insuring your Property
- Understanding mortgages and loans
- The lawyer’s Role
- False Economies
- Why Check a Title Pt2
- Why check a title?
- Seller Warranties
- Unit Titles Act 2010
- Problems with Purchase Finance
- Dealing with Trustees
- Family Trusts
- The importance of getting advice before you sign.
- Family transactions
- The late 2009 market
- Cancellation of contracts
- Commission entitlement
- Meeting your obligations
- Right of support for driveways
Property Speaking is published quarterly and contains articles which are both useful and interesting.