Danielle joined the HomeLegal team in April 2021. She was admitted in March 2021 and was previously working in vocational education for an industry training organisation. Having formerly been a real estate salesperson in the Hutt Valley, Danielle has a keen interest in supporting clients through the property buying and selling process.
SOLICITOR / LL.B.
Q and A with Danielle
1. How would you describe your style of law/practice or your approach to dealing with clients?
I am a highly organised person who strives to be one step ahead of the game. I encourage an open and trusting relationship with my clients to foster effective communication.
2. If you had a single piece of advice to give a person in relation to commercial property acquisitions what would it be?
Do your research and engage support from those you trust in your “circle” – both legal and technical. You are not in this alone!
3. What has had the biggest impact on how you practice law over recent years?
The events following the 2020 Covid-19 pandemic highlighted the importance of having processes in place to facilitate flexible working environments, while not compromising on service and the ability to get the job done. Technology and implementing paperless methods are essential in safeguarding continuity during such periods.
4. When you are not being a lawyer what do you like doing most?
I am a busy body! But when I am not working or hinching around the house, I enjoy spending time with my husband and family.
5. Who gave you the best piece of advice in relation to your legal career and what was it?
I can’t pinpoint one specific piece of advice, however my close friends and family have been a huge encouragement throughout my studies, when I decided to make a career change into law.
6. What is your favourite quote?
“Success is never owned, it is rented – and rent is due everyday”