We are experts in conveyancing, specialising in residential conveyancing services and conveyancing services for first home buyers. Each conveyancing transaction is different from the next, and if you want to avoid serious problems when buying or selling a property then using the collective experience of our Home Legal property lawyers is the best way to put your mind at ease.
How our conveyancing services compare
Our HomeLegal team is made up of specialist conveyancing lawyers and legal executives. One of our lawyers and one of our legal executives will work together on your purchase from day one. Your lawyer deals with all of the legal aspects of the transaction, the contract terms, negotiations and advising you right the way through to the point that the contract becomes unconditional. Your legal executive then looks after everything to do with the management of the file through to settlement. Where documents such as loan contracts and mortgages need to be signed you will meet with your lawyer.
Our dedicated team work on property files all the time. They are available and accessible.
Conveyancing services for first home buyers
When you’re a first home buyer you’re generally coming into contract with the idea of conveyancing services for the first time. So, what exactly do those conveyancing services entail?
At HomeLegal our property lawyers take care of all matters related to conveying or transferring ownership between yourself (the purchaser) and the seller (the vendor). We liaise between the vendor and real estate agent (where necessary) to ensure that the offer document is acceptable for signing and covers the matters you need assurance on.
At the outset we can go through the process with you so you have a full understanding of the various steps along the way. We will:
- Help you with making sure the offer document is acceptable for signing and covers matters you need covered:
- Check the title.
- Deal with the vendor’s solicitor and the real estate agent where required on contract conditions.
- Make the agreement unconditional when your conditions have been satisfied.
- Receive and prepare bank loan instructions and security documentation. We’ll also meet with you to explain the documentation.
- Liaise with you on KiwiSaver withdrawals or the Homestart Grant if necessary and with your bank to make sure all funding is in place on settlement.
- Settle and register your transaction.
- Assist you with HomeStart grants if you qualify for the Housing New Zealand Criteria.
Conveyancing services for those selling property
Selling a home can be just as complicated as buying one, particularly if the sale is conditional.
At HomeLegal we take care of all of the legal aspects of the sale process, including:
- Advising on sale strategies.
- Advising on contract conditions.
- Liaising with the real estate agent and the purchaser’s solicitor.
- Preparing and signing settlement documentation.
- Arranging a discharge of mortgage.
- Repaying your bank.
- Reporting to you.